Google

Sickle cell anemia : Unique Ways of Keeping yourself Hydrated


Keeping yourself hydrated is the best medicine you can give to yourself as a person living with sickle cell disorder. It works wonders. It helps the body get enough oxygen to function. Apart from water, there are other unique ways of keeping your body hydrated. Some persons living with sickle cell disorder,  hydrate themselves with soda, sugar loaded juice and highly concentrated sugary drinks. The truth is that you are not hydrating yourself but you are dehydrating yourself and that is why you still suffer crisis fall sick often because the high sugar content in these drinks helps lower the immune system.  On this article follow me and let me show you how best to hydrate yourself.                    

Water: if you are having issues with sickle cell,  water is your life. Drink as much as you can. When you are eating, playing even at bedtime let water be your companion and you will be amazedd how healthy you will be. It helps widen the arteries to enable the blood to flow through with ease. It helps flush the arteries of all dead cells. As you know the sickled red blood cells don't live long unlike the normal red blood cells that live up to 120 days, as a result, there will be many dead cells loaded in the circulative system.  http://yourhealthandmy.blogspot.com.ng/2016/09/sickle-cell-anemia-and-yellow-eyes.html?m=1 With the intake of much water, there will be the free flow of oxygen in the body and helps the liver to fight jaundice also helps the bone marrow produce more red blood cells thus helping the body fight infections. 
Please if you must drink it must be clean water and it should not be cold or chill. Cold or chill water harden the arteries making it hard for the arteries to circulate blood to other parts of the body.  The best meter for you to measure if you have drunk enough is when you notice you now visit the restroom frequently.     
Tea: Apart from water, herbal teas can also help hydrate the body. Sometimes you get bored with water or you might not have the appetite for water. Then you can replace the water with tea. And not soft drinks like soda. Herbal tea is another unique way of hydrating yourself. Even as you replace water with tea, avoid the teas that have too much caffeine in them. That is why I will advise you take green tea, black tea, and lemon balm tea.  These herbal teas have little or no caffeine in them. And also avoid chocolate tea. They do more harm than good.

Apple Cider Vinegar Water: instead of you to pop up soda and other sugar-loaded drinks why not try apple cider vinegar water. The taste might not be as sweet as soda but it is good and can help hydrate your body. Especially when there is cold and flu. To prep your apple cider vinegar water, just add one teaspoon of apple cider to some water and you have your drink. 

Coconut water: this is my best bet and I love it more than any other drink.  Coconut water is one of the best ways to hydrate yourself if you are living with sickle cell disorder.  http://yourhealthandmy.blogspot.com.ng/2016/02/sickle-cell-coconut-water-best-drink.html?m=1 Coconut water is loaded with some minerals, essential vitamins like vitamin B and C and electrolytes this element is also found in blood it gives coconut water the ability to hydrate the body faster than any other drink. 
If you hydrate yourself well every day and take your minerals like vitamin b complex and folic acid and eat your fruits and vegetable always you will not have crisis.

2 comments

Thanks in favor of sharing such a fastidious idea, piece of writing is nice, thats why i have read it completely. for every one hydration drink packets

THERE IS A CURE TO SICKLE CELL ANEMIA, AM A LIVING TESTIMONY.

I write to you with great joy in my heart how Dr Alegbe John turned my life around. I was born a sickle cell patient through the gene- type of my parents and became a carrier which led to immense crises all through my growing up years. This particular ailment was called rheumatism, the pain of the bone which I was told was caused by difficult circulation of blood in the vein axis.

Growing up was like hell because apart from the pain and the fear of it, I also lived in bondage for years before Dr Alegbe intervention.

I was restricted from doing what my mates could do, there was a lot of don’t touch, don’t eat, don’t go, don’t wear by the doctor and I lived all through this period on drugs. I was made to know that without this pill, my life will would finally come to an end. It was total bondage.

During this period of pain, I would cry, shout, throw myself to the ground, destroy things I could find around me just because of restlessness the pain caused. My Dad got the contact of Dr Alegbe from the internet and he emailed him told him about me and made purchase from his product. I too the medication for one month and he always call to know how am feeling, that was how i was cured completely. any one can reach him On his gmail address at dralegbe@gmail.com

I stopped taking my drugs because Dr Alegbe John has made me completely cured, I no longer feel pain neither do I remember how it feels.


EmoticonEmoticon